Leopold Center Grant Manual
The Leopold Center Grant Manual contains information for organizations that are either interested in working with the Leopold Center as a partner in future projects, or currently are conducting research, education and demonstration projects through the Leopold Center's competitive grant program or research initiatives. The grant manual summarizes policies that may be of particular interest to organizations negotiating their participation in the Leopold Center grant program. The manual also outlines procedures necessary to apply for, conduct, change, continue and close out grants from the Leopold Center, and contains sample documents in the grant award process.
Budget Forms for ISU Grants
- Template (This is an Excel file - file also has Non-ISU info)
- ISU Goldsheet Page 1 Example
- ISU Goldsheet Page 3 Example
- For grant renewals, please submit a year-end project report along with a budget for the new year to the appropriate Initiative Leader.
Budget Forms for Non-ISU Grants
Other Forms for Grantees
If you have difficulty downloading any of the forms, contact the Leopold Center at email@example.com, or call (515) 294-3711. If you have questions about any of the forms or budgetss, please contact accountant Kim Vo, (515) 294-9388, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acknowledging the Leopold Center in communications
The Leopold Center relies on state appropriations and funds designated under the Iowa Groundwater Protection Act for its operation. Public awareness of Center-supported work is very important to future success. Recipients of Leopold Center grant funds are expected to acknowledge the Center in advertising, news releases, printed programs, and other promotional and publicity materials. Verbal acknowledgement should be given at any event or at interviews with the news media.
- Short credit line: Funds for this project have been provided by the Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture.
- Longer credit line (if space allows): Funds for this project have been provided by the Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture. Established by the 1987 Iowa Groundwater Protection Act, the Leopold Center supports the development of profitable farming systems that conserve natural resources. More information about the Leopold Center is available on the web at: www.leopold.iastate.edu, or by calling the Center at (515) 294-3711.
- Leopold Center logo: To obtain a Leopold Center logo, send an e-mail to email@example.com, and indicate whether you need it for electronic use or high-quality print. A reverse logo (transparent with a dark background) also is available. Do NOT use the Leopold Center logo from this website!
- Publications, brochures, other materials: Leopold Center publications are available upon request for use at events and other project outreach efforts. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Events, workshops and conferences: To publicize your event on the Leopold Center events page, send an e-mail to email@example.com with date, time, location; contact person (phone and e-mail), your website address (if applicable) and a short description. Fliers and brochures (in PDF format) also can be posted with the listing.