Initiative coordinator: Craig Chase, (515) 294-3711, email@example.com
- Research and test new marketing strategies and business structures that allow Iowa's farmers and communities to retain more of the value for energy, food or fiber produced
- Support education, conduct research and facilitate partnerships to increase investment and support of local and regional food, fiber and energy enterprises
- Conduct research and education to address various challenges that impede farmers and farmer networks from being equal partners in energy, food or fiber-based value chain
- Establishment of new or contribution to existing multi-organizational working groups based on farmer and community needs and challenges in food, fiber, or energy enterprises
- Increase market opportunities, enhance profitability, and reduce risk for farmers aggregating supply
- Increase knowledge and/or decision tool development related to: (1) community, health, safety, economic, and environmental impacts of Iowa-grown foods produced using sustainable agriculture; and/or (2) energy efficiencies, greenhouse gas emissions, value-adding technologies, food safety, producer marketing networks, labor markets, and other economic, environmental and community factors
- Increase access to healthy, nutritious, affordable local food produced using sustainable agriculture practices.
- Increase knowledge related to market access, profitability, and marketing and educational support for fiber and energy enterprises that use sustainable production practices.
Previous Working Groups - Value Chain Partnerships