Sources of Data and Supplemental Information
For more information about how to use the Iowa Fruit and Vegetable Market Planner, see our Users Guide.
The Iowa Fruit and Vegetable Market Planner was funded, reviewed and published by the Leopold Center for Sustainable Agriculture at Iowa State University, and developed and hosted by the Institute for Transportation at ISU. This tool is copyrighted and intended for educational purposes; its use and application is not intended for sale.
For additional questions, contact Craig Chase (515) 294-3711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supplemental information and useful links
- USDA Food Availability Data System
- Assembling a Protype Fruit and Vegetable Market Planning Tool Step-by-step technical guide developing a spreadsheet for calculating approximate rates of demand for various crop locations, February 2011
- USDA National Fruit and Vegetable Retail Report (weekly average retail prices)
- USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory (nutrient characteristics by item)
- USDA Standard Weights and Measures (standard weight and packaging dimensions)
- MegaConverter (standard unit conversion rates)